Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video card issues

• Please log in to reply

RedStorm

RedStorm

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi,

the other day my 6600 gt decided to drop its fan right out of its housing, so i went out and picked up a 7800gt. So i installed that uninstalled my old nvidia drivers and installed the ones on the included cd and restarted my computer. It then only got to that windows XP screen then it went to a blue screen then restarted. So i called up BFG they said that it needed 400w i only havea 350w power supply (doh) so i went back to future shop and exchanged it for a BFG geforce 7600 GS OC which is rated for 350 watts the same as my power supply. However im still getting the same issue i start the computer it goes to the "start windows in safe mode, networking, command promt, or normally" then it goes to windows xp loading screen that little bar runs once then it flicks to a blue screen for 1 second then restarts the process all over again. ive tried loading in safe mode aswell.

I really need this for school so any help would be great

thanks

Advertisements

RedStorm

RedStorm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
anyone?

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi there

Can you the following please:
Make sure the system is powered off & remove the side from the computer case.
You should now be able to read the sticker on the side of the PSU.
Can you tell me: what the PSU manufacturers name is & also what the power rating for the 12V rail is please (this will be given in AMPS (A))