Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keeping Graphics Card Unethical?

• Please log in to reply

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Today I recieved a card today that I had ordered for a friend. It was supossed to be a Evga 8800 GTS 320 but I was sent the superclocked version instead. Do you all think it would be wrong to keep the card? It would be much of a hassle to have it exchanged.

As I was writing this I went to Newegg.com to see that the "superclocked" card that I have is not being sold on the website http://www.newegg.co.......2&name=EVGA. The card I recieved has DDR3 memory istead of the standard GDDR3. Could this actually mean a performance decrease?

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
In reality the correct thing to do would be to call back and tell them and ask them to adjust your invoice. But alot of times especially with the large companies people think that they can absorb just this little bit, they have millions of dollars.

I think you know what the right thing to do is, remember you have to wake up everyday and look at yourself in the mirror.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Yes, but I was almost thinking that it was not a mistake. The card used to sell on their website but no longer does so I was thinking maybe they were trying to get rid of their leftover cards. It's not likely but possible. Because my friend is the one that bought it I will leave him with the decsion on whether or not to keep it.

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
It could be, but your friend would never know unless he called to let them know.