Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gaming Case

• Please log in to reply

Hedworx

Hedworx

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I'm looking to build a computer in the near future. I figure before I decide on components, I would need to decide on what case I was going to be putting the stuff in.

Now that I'm typing this, maybe I should decide what components and then decide what case will fit around them... :whistling: :blink:

Anyway.....I have picked out two cases that I like, but can't decide between them. I like both the Antec Nine Hundred and the Antec P182 (Gunmetal) case. I've read the reviews and they both seem like good cases...both having their pros and cons. This will be, for the most part, a gaming pc. I want it cool and quite with plenty of room (this is my first build). The flashyness of the lighted fans and side window of the 900 aren't that big of a deal to me, but if it's a better case, then I wouldn't mind it. I've always like the P series, but again, I want which ever is the better. I also want to keep it air cooled.

I'm open for other suggestions, but please only suggest if the case is around the same price and A LOT better. I don't need a similar case to make my decision a bigger pain than it already is. :help:

Thank you,
Hedworx

Advertisements

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
Could you post some links for the cases, like from Newegg or something. Cases are usually more up to preference.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Those two cases are excellent, either one you choose should serve you well. If it literally comes down to it, just get the one that's cheaper! :whistling:

Hedworx

Hedworx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Here are the links....

P182: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16811129025

Nine Hundred: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16811129021

FPDV... I was also thinking about making my decision based on price. I even went as far as asking my wife which one she liked. She said the same thing. :whistling: :blink:

Edited by Hedworx, 14 September 2007 - 01:28 PM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
If you hate cables showing or LED's get the P182, otherwise get the 900. I have the antec 900 and have problems with cable management, I'm actually taking my build appart this weekend to try and resolve this annoying (to me) issue. Otherwise I love the Antec 900, cooling wise, it just doesn't get any better.
James

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
The 900 has more fans and is more open and even has a fan vent on the door. The 900 looks like it would be one of the best cases for overclocking with all of those fans. The P182 also looks neat with the different chambers so the PSU will not make the system hotter. But if I had to chose I would go with the 900 because it is cheaper, has a side window to show off your rig, stands out a little more, and has a lot of fans.

Edited by jackflash1991, 14 September 2007 - 07:12 PM.