Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft IE weird problem

• Please log in to reply

hackergal

hackergal

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I have a cust. who is coming on Tuesday for me to fix this prob:

Notebook 100% but when on internet, mouse hangs for about 90 secs then it's fine for about 2 mins then it hangs etc. and this happens all the time while connected to the internet. At all other times, everything is A-OK. She doesn't get kicked off the bank or anything while the mouse hangs - once it is moving again, she can just carry on where she left off. Weird. Any info from anyone would be most appreciated as this is the 1st time I have heard of this.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
It sounds like spyware to me...some malware program is hogging system resources and the machine has to wait for it to finish before returning use to the mouse.

The fact that this occurs mostly on the internet is a good bet.

Is this a broadband connection or dial up?

Windows XP or earlier. It could on the outside change be an IRQ conflict, but I woud be very very surprised given the mouse and modem/NIC don't share the IRQ in most cases---unless maybe the mouse and Lan connection are done through USB ports

hackergal

hackergal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Thanks, No USB stuff, and it's a standard 56k dialup. I will install Microsoft AntiSpyware and maybe a few other buggy removal tools first off. I just don't want to sit with this thing for hours - this lady always waits while her stuff gets repaired. LOL.