Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Boot Error PLEASE HELP!

• Please log in to reply

MrDallas

MrDallas

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am hoping that someone can help me with this.

I went to boot up my computer and received an error code. STOP! 0X000000ED, 0X8234B8DO,OXOOOOO6,0X0000000

The blue screen tells me to run in safe mode but it will not boot up and starts the process (blue screen) again

I went into BIOS and ran a diagnostic and what I get is the following.
Disk 0 Linear Verify....................................
217-260-000-20070911-77-Hard Disk Drive: Failed (Error Verifying sectors 6356362 - 6453759
(ECC Error)

Can anyone help me. I do not have the start up disk.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to GTG:

It would appear your harddrive may be on its last legs here.

Rather than try to explain a possible fix, I will let Microsoft do it for me. :whistling:

To do this, use the following steps:
1. Start your computer with the Windows startup disks, or with the Windows CD-ROM if your computer can start from the CD-ROM drive.

2. When the Welcome to Setup screen appears, press R to select the repair option.

3. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the Windows installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console.

4. Type the administrator password when you are prompted to do so.

NOTE: If no administrator password exists, press ENTER.

5. At the command prompt, on the drive where Windows is installed, type chkdsk /r, and then press ENTER.

6. At the command prompt, type exit, and then press ENTER to restart your computer.For additional information about how to use the Recovery Console in Windows XP, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
314058 (http://support.micro...b/314058/EN-US/) Description of the Windows XP Recovery Console

Murray