Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

im so stuck its not funny

• Please log in to reply

THOF

THOF

• Pip
  • 6 posts
i got an amd duron system. that im gettin lockups and pc resets. ive formatted the HD and reinstalled on two differents HDs
im currently using a radeon 7000 64mb pci vid card. but even when using the sis based onboard video i was getting the same problems. the other problem im gettin is blue screen. with the following error.

kernel_stack_inpage_error

0x00000077 (0xc000000E 0x0000000 0x0000000 0x00c38000

i have tried removing and reseting the memory. even removed one stick and tried that. get the same thing. now sitting at the desktop to see what it does. most problems came while trying to play but i get the blue screen when trying to install a game or prgram.
this thing is gettin to be so bad im bout ot take the pc out side and put it out of my misery. any help with this is welcome. and i would be grateful. thanks in advance

Edited by THOF, 14 September 2007 - 06:51 PM.

Advertisements

Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Remove the video card before you reformat or install windows
It could be causing you all the havoc

If you are about to do a clean install of Windows on a new harddrive and you have a card reader with 4 or 5 slots, (Windows calls them Removable drives) make sure you disconnect that reader before you do the install.
If you dont, there is a danger that your new hard drive could be labelled anything other than C:and this cannot easily be changed back to C: without a fresh install.

THOF

THOF

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i tried that one. the lats time i got it runnin i waited to install the vid card. right now its sittin at teh desktop behaving it self. im starting to think it maybe something with the board that is going bad or the thing is gettin ready t odie. dinosaurs roamed the earth when this pc was new after all.

Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
have you tried a boot scan with your antivirus program

microsoft does offer support

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315266

Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
also im wondering if you tried this

To disable onboard video you will need to go into the bios and the graphic settings from onboard to agp or pci-e depending on your new video card.

just something i came accross