Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ad-Aware Settings help please?

• Please log in to reply

rainbo

rainbo

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
About six months ago, there was a post on here with specific settings for Ad-Aware. I've downloaded Ad-Aware 2007 and I don't know what those custom settings should be. Can someone point me back to that post, or repost it here? I'd be so grateful. Thanks!

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Normally the default settings will do just fine. I would do an update of data file right after opening Ad-Aware and , if first time use, do a Full Scan. Thereafter you can select Smart Scan for each scan. Just remember to check for a new updated database when you use Ad-Aware. Tried to find link for you, but my search turned up 29 related pages. LOL

Ron

P.S. maybe Ad-Aware's FAQs may help.

Edited by Major Payne, 16 September 2007 - 04:27 PM.

rainbo

rainbo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Thank you, Ron. I'll do as you suggested. Thank you for looking for the thread for me. Have a great night.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You're most welcome. If you think you might need to customize more after working with Ad-Aware, post back as to what you what to do should you not find the information in Ad-Ware's Help section.

Take care.

Ron