Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Crysis DX9 vs. DX10

• Please log in to reply

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

DX9 vs. DX10 – Multiplayer differences
Source: TotalCrysis.com 09/13/2007

"To shed some light into one of the most discussed topics regarding Crysis multiplayer I would like to explain you the differences between Crysis MP DX9 and DX10.

As for the DX9 version we won’t have physics and day and night cycle in-game. That means you won’t be able to shoot down trees and/or alter any other objects than vehicles on the map. Additionally the time of day setting doesn’t change dynamically. This is caused due to the tremendous server load such physics might cause on crowded gaming servers. Still you will be able to experience maps with different time of day settings since the maps can be altered in the Sandbox2 Editor.

Rather than providing the community partially working features we limit this for the DX10 version only. Due to the strong hardware available with DX10, server load is less and performance is increased. This ensures the pure physics and day and night cycle experience without any limitation.

Gamers with a DX10 card are able to play on DX9 servers, but with the limitation of the respective server. Vice versa it is not possible for gamers with DX9 cards to play on DX10 servers due to the limited features."

Source www.crysisdemo.com/

It seems like there will be pretty major differences between DX9 and DX10 in terms of eye candy.
James

Advertisements

mozzer11

mozzer11

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
But will it only be multiplayer?

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
If a DX9 card doesn't have the potential or "horsepower" to run the physics and other effects in multiplayer, I don't see DX9 card being capable of doing so in single player mode. I could of course be wrong, we can only wait and see. However by the looks of it, this game really will show us the true differences between DX9 and DX10. Can't wait :)
James

Edited by james_8970, 30 September 2007 - 12:20 PM.

Blak-Phoenix

Blak-Phoenix

• Pip
  • 9 posts
ugh, WHY!!!! lol, i really need to start saving for a better system! :)

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
:)

Nayfunx1991

Nayfunx1991

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Crysis Looks an Amazing Game Aswell Unlucky how Consoles Cant support it :)

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

Crysis Looks an Amazing Game Aswell Unlucky how Consoles Cant support it :)

There planning on releasing it to the consoles at a later date, however then have to do some optimization and remove some features and eye candy mainly due to the limited amount of RAM that is on the consoles.
James

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
time is so short and so many demo's to play. Played crysis a few times this past week. Found it to be pretty solid. Some minor bugs, but not show stoppers. Going to be really interested in what the requirements are for dx10 servers. only bad part is if its a dx10 server, then dx9 people can't play on it.

Can't wait to see this game released.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

time is so short and so many demo's to play. Played crysis a few times this past week. Found it to be pretty solid. Some minor bugs, but not show stoppers. Going to be really interested in what the requirements are for dx10 servers. only bad part is if its a dx10 server, then dx9 people can't play on it.

Your lucky to get the beta, I was to cheap to subcribe to fileplanet for the key.

There are ups and downs to these DX10 servers, one major down will be less players for the time being, though alot of people have a 8800 series card now. The upside is that people with DX10 cards will be able to see the true potential of their cards without people with DX9 holding them back.
I hope they don't consider, anything below a HD2900XT/pro or 8800 series card to play, though I know this won't happen people with a 2600xt(or lower) or 8600GT(or lower) will lag as these cards just arn't powerful enough, despite what marketing tells people.
James

Edited by james_8970, 30 September 2007 - 10:36 AM.

Nayfunx1991

Nayfunx1991

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Alot of Performance is Needed Thenn Lool Looks Like im out for this Game

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
I really cant wait for this game, and I cant wait for the SP Demo. I hope I get my computer back in time.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
What does SP stand for?
Team fortesse 2 is coming out on the 10th, looks ok, got it with my video card though :) Should be interesting.
James

Edited by james_8970, 30 September 2007 - 11:56 AM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
....think about....

single player

:)

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter