Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor can't wake up from sleep mode

• Please log in to reply

torlistay

torlistay

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello:

Newbie here...I have a Dell 17-inch flat panel display that I run with Windows XP. It's just over three years old. Recently we've had trouble regaining an image on the monitor after it goes into sleep mode.

The monitor's power button remains green, but blinks on and off. You can see an image for a fraction of a second on the monitor as the power button blinks, but then the screen goes dark again. The computer seems to be booting up normally. I have to keep pushing the monitor's power button off and on to get a picture. Once I do this, the picture is as clear as always...no blurs, etc.

I've checked and re-inserted the monitor cables and they seem okay. Could this be a video card issue, or something else?

Thanks in advance for any insights you can provide.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Try the monitor on another computer.
If it behaves in exactly the same way, replace the monitor.