Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Horizontal Line across Brand New Monitor

• Please log in to reply

totianni

totianni

• PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
I just got a brand new Acer AL2216W 22" wide LCD monitor last week. It was working great until last night. I thought maybe it was something computer related, so I shut down my computer and turned it back on. It's still there. I searched the threads, but there doesn't seem to be anything I could find. It has one black(or white) horizontal line about 1/4 of the way up from the bottom of the screen. It seems to have a white overcast on black parts of the screen, but black on most all other colors. I don't know if it is related or not, but my computer has also been locking up and I have to hard reboot it. I can't seem to run Spybot without it locking up. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Spybot to no avail. I've tried System Restore, but it won't restore to any points I have...never have been able to use it. Don't know what they even made it for if it never works when you need it. Sorry for my little tangent there. Just frustrated. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank so much.

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Hook your monitor up to someone elses computer to verify that it is not the screen. If it is the screen the RMA it immediatly.

totianni

totianni

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
I hooked my old monitor back up to my computer and there was no line. My son also noticed that the line goes through my mouse, if that makes any difference.

totianni

totianni

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
I am sending it back on Monday. They approved the return. Thank you for the assistance.

Can I get some help with my computer locking up or should I post the issue somewhere else.

Thanks.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
I recommend making a new post.

totianni

totianni

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
Thanks. I will make a new post.