Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

User Environment (different than other post)

• Please log in to reply

SueTD

SueTD

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
I read the description that the other post stated after User Enviroment and this is a little different so I didn't know if I should follow the same fix. We have 4 users on this computer and 3 are working okay. These 3 are listed as Local in the Status column under System Properties/Local Profiles. One user is now listed as Temporary. Only my user profile is an administrator. The one that is listed as Temporary has received the following message and won't display the desktop picture that had previously been there, does not save anything in Favorites, and nothing is in folders now that had previously been saved in folders.

User Environment; Windows can't load locally stored profile. Possible causes - insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If this problem persists, contact network administrator.
Detail - error performing inpage operation logging into temporary profile changes made to it will be lost when log off

We have Windows XP Home Edition. Should I follow the instructions given to the other post to Create a new user profile and then copy files to the new user profile or is this a different type of problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Advertisements