Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer is Running Slower and Hotter After Installing New, Bigger Har

• Please log in to reply

mstlelc

mstlelc

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
I recently upgraded my hard drive from a WD 20 GB HD to a Seagate 400 GB HD and at first it seemed to bring up the applications faster but now at times, it slows to a crawl. Even when starting the computer it takes longer to load the applications. Any ideas?

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Download and run the manufacturers test diagnostics for the drive to see if it is failing.
HARD DRIVE TOOLS

Have you run your virus/ malware/ spyware scanners? You could have picked up one of those that can create a problem.

mstlelc

mstlelc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
I checked all anti-virus & spyware & it all checks out fine however, I did find that when I start it in safe mode, everything seems to work fine. Here are the hijackthis.log and the startuplist.txt files.

Attached Files

bobmad

bobmad

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

I checked all anti-virus & spyware & it all checks out fine however, I did find that when I start it in safe mode, everything seems to work fine. Here are the hijackthis.log and the startuplist.txt files.

If you want your HJT checked out, please open a new topic there. Our HJT log expertslook there first, they are unlikely to see it here.

mstlelc

mstlelc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
And here's the hijackthis.log...

mstlelc

mstlelc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
10-4