Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lost internet connection

• Please log in to reply

angie1010

angie1010

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I leave my computer on get on the internet, no problem. Then when I haven't been online for awhile and I try to go back online I can't access the internet. I have to restart the computer and then I can go back online. I have cable modem and a router. They have both been checked out and there was no problem with either of them. If I disconnect the router and just use the modem I still have the same problem. Please help. Thank you, Angie

Advertisements

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Do you have any other devices connected to the router (PCs, Laptops, Game Systems, etc)? If so, are any of these devices having any problems?

What type of connection do you make to the router (wireless or wired)?

Thanks,

Magus

angie1010

angie1010

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
No other devices are attached to the router or computer. I do have a wireless laptop that even when I can't get online on my desktop (the one with a router and modem) I can still get online with my laptop. I think the problem probably is with my desktop but I cannot figure out the solution. I have checked and checked to see if I accidentally have something timed but have found that not to be the case. Angie