Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Low System Resources [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jerry3003

jerry3003

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
:tazz: OK, I guess the days of 88 to 92% sys resources went out the door when programs went from a few hundred K to hundreds of Megs each and virus protection and firewalls became mandatory because of all the threats out there.

About my previous question, I read in another topic that once "kb891711" is loaded it doesn't need to be in the startlist. Is that bad info?

Thank you for all your help. I still would like more info about GEEK U. How much time is needed to learn the basics and how much of a time committment is involved.

Jerry

Advertisements

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts

About my previous question, I read in another topic that once "kb891711" is loaded it doesn't need to be in the startlist. Is that bad info?

Hmm good question! I think I remember reading something about that somewhere. I suggest going to the member list and look up gerryf and ask him if it's ok to remove from startup.

Thank you for all your help. I still would like more info about GEEK U. How much time is needed to learn the basics and how much of a time committment is involved.

You're welcome! And as far as how much time, that just depends on how fast or slow you want to work on learning! You commit as much time as you want! There are no requirements ;) Just post here that you would like to join:
http://www.geekstogo...?showtopic=4817 and you'll be added to our Geek U! I look forward to working with you! :tazz: