Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sony crx320e drive

• Please log in to reply

kreon

kreon

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi All,
I am using a sony crx320e cd-r/rw/dvd-rom combo. It was working fine till I reinstalled my operating system. Now the drive shows only cd drive and it is not able to read dvds. I downloaded the latest driver i found (NYK5). If anybody knows how to fix this problem please let me know.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
when you say it won't read dvd's what do you mean? Data dvd's or movies? If you are talking about movies you need to have something with a dvd codec like powerdvd or windvd.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi kreon, welcome to Geeks to Go!

Does the device show up in Disk Management?

Cheers :)

kreon

kreon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Shard92,
Thanks for your input...
The problem includes for both data dvds as well as movie dvds... It doesn't recognize any dvd... when I insert a dvd it doesn't open it automatically.... when I try manually the drive shows there is no content in the dvd... It can't even detect the properties of the dvd... Which was not the case before... It could open dvds(both data as well as video). I have powerdvd installed and some other lastest dvd codecs. The drive is acting like a cd -r/rw.. the dvd rom is not working...

kreon

kreon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi FPVDriF6,
In disk management it shows the device as sony crx320e cd-r/rw device. It doesn't show the dvd rom present.
The same problem in the BIOS also. The BIOS also shows it as cd-r/rw drive and not a cd-r/rw/dvd rom drive. Do you think OS installation can change the BIOS setup? If no then what can be the reason. I removed the connections and reinstalled the connections as given in the manual... still the problem persists...

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
It could be the drive is going bad. you could also check for a firmware update....