Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

install on demand

• Please log in to reply

fourfourtwo

fourfourtwo

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
sorry to be a painafter you kindly fixed my sysai problem but since i downloaded patches from windows i haven't been able to write in any of the boxes when i'm on IE . e.g i can't put anything into search boxes or write in e mails ( i can still rwite in address bar though). i've only been able to ask this priblem by using someone elses computer so i wont be able to send you a log. i've even tried writing in word then copy and paste but no go as the paste stays grey. one clue could be when i download a new page on IE iget a message " install on demand" (visual basic script support) but with another window on top which when i click ok both windows dissapear. sorry for being so long winded but i'm desparate to make sure i said everything. thanks <_<

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
is there a way for you to download the hijack this program on a floppy, and run the program on your computer, save the log on the floppy and post it back here?

fourfourtwo

fourfourtwo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
i've put crosses against the ones suggested on the scan log but still cannot put any text into e mails or search bar. i will post another log on seperate reply below. thanks

fourfourtwo

fourfourtwo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 17:51:37, on 02/06/04
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON SYSTEMWORKS\NORTON UTILITIES\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYMANTEC SHARED\SYMTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\REAL\UPDATE_OB\REALSCHED.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\THE CLEANER\TCA.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\THE CLEANER\TCM.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MSN MESSENGER\MSNMSGR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TWAIN_32\1200 UB\WATCH.EXE
C:\LOTUS\ORGANIZE\EASYCLIP.EXE
C:\LOTUS\REGISTER\REMIND32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINZIP\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RNAAPP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TAPISRV.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\MY DOCUMENTS\JOE\MUSIC\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.supanet.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by supanet.com
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - c:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: @msdxmLC.dll,-1@1033,&Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - c:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] c:\windows\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NPROTECT] c:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] soundman.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tcactive] C:\PROGRAM FILES\THE CLEANER\tca.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tcmonitor] C:\PROGRAM FILES\THE CLEANER\tcm.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [NPROTECT] c:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SymTray - Norton SystemWorks] c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SymTray.exe "Norton SystemWorks"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\MSN MESSENGER\MSNMSGR.EXE" /background
O4 - Startup: Watch.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\Twain_32\1200 UB\WATCH.exe
O4 - Startup: Lotus QuickStart.lnk = C:\lotus\wordpro\ltsstart.exe
O4 - Startup: Lotus Organizer EasyClip.lnk = C:\lotus\organize\easyclip.exe
O4 - Startup: Lotus SmartSuite Release 9 Registration.lnk = C:\lotus\register\remind32.exe
O4 - Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download with &DAP - C:\PROGRA~1\DAP\dapextie.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download &all with DAP - C:\PROGRA~1\DAP\dapextie2.htm
O9 - Extra button: Related (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console (HKLM)
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macr...ash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupd...8091.5212384259

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
More information about on demand here

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;222639

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
P.S. Your log is clean :D

I had to look twice ...we don't see many clean ones around here. <_<

fourfourtwo

fourfourtwo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
finally fixed computer as you can see 'cause i'm now able to use my computer to mail you. for anyone else who may have had my problem of not being able to write text into e mails or searches, this is what i did in the end- the problem , i believe, happened after i went to the patches download at microsoft and updated my I.E as stated above i couldn't use text so i went to my add/remove and selected I.E and it gave me the option to revert back to previous version , which i did and hey presto ! back to normal . so thanks for your help . i think what ever happened when i download the newer version caused all the problems. anyway my computers working like new now so thanks again <_<