Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with IE 7.0 ... MY FLASH WONT ENABLE OR WORK AT ALL!

• Please log in to reply

fix23

fix23

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
Ok so basically.... l was playing flash games last night and i turned off my pc... i wake up and my computer loads up and then it restarts right when its on the desktop ( its because two anti virus program were trying to load up at once) soo i go into safe mode.. and MANUALLY delete Kaspersky (old one i didnt want) and didn some virus scans.... i load up in normal windows and i cant watch youtube vids or play and flash games.... ive tried re-installed re-enabling and uninstalling and everything and still flash wont work... im very upset and i have tried re-installing Ie 7.0 and flash wont work on 6.0 either

it works fine on firefox tho :S

Advertisements

fix23

fix23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
BUMP.... christ this is pissing me off

uesquebeathus

uesquebeathus

• Pip
  • 9 posts
try and download the flash player from here:- http://www.adobe.com...ts/flashplayer/

and the shockwave player from here:-http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/

the other thing could be the latest codecs from here:- http://www.microsoft...ecs/codecs.aspx

Philip Kingsley

Philip Kingsley

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
disable the firewall in your antivirus software.. the firewall is stopping the flash scripts from being loaded

fix23

fix23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
I did that and it still isnt working, somthing is very wrong, i need some professional help ASAP!

Philip Kingsley

Philip Kingsley

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
one thing i am quite sure about is that it is some thing to do abt your antivirus. can u tell me the antivirus u r using? try disabling a few script checking stuff in the antivirus. try removing the antivirus from the memory(not uninstalling) like disabling it totally. if that works then ur problem should have been solved.

Edited by Philip Kingsley, 28 September 2007 - 11:12 PM.

uesquebeathus

uesquebeathus

• Pip
  • 9 posts
using two antivirus tools at the same time is looking a disaster waiting to happen , one will find the other process working and deal with it is a virus and start to quarantine the other antivirus taking other files and software with it.
you will have to remove one and then try and do a system restore if possible, from an earlier date prior to the fault developing. unfortunately using two antivirus tools often both find fault with system restore files and quarantine them

Philip Kingsley

Philip Kingsley

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

using two antivirus tools at the same time is looking a disaster waiting to happen , one will find the other process working and deal with it is a virus and start to quarantine the other antivirus taking other files and software with it.
you will have to remove one and then try and do a system restore if possible, from an earlier date prior to the fault developing. unfortunately using two antivirus tools often both find fault with system restore files and quarantine them

This is true. what does that have to do with flash not being loaded. he specified that he had deleted the old antivirus.

fix23

fix23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Ok i uninstalled the crappy anti virus. and i only have one.

i have diabled windows firewall, and my antivirus and it still doesnt work.

any more options?

housailorr

housailorr

• Pip
  • 1 posts
fix23,

If you can see Flash using Firefox, then you can eliminate settings on your security system. You need to look at IE7 stuff.

While it may be possible that the security system may have changed settings in IE7 to a more secure level, I would doubt that happened.

It appears that IE7 is having trouble recognizing the Active-X control for Flash. Corrupted registry entries can prevent the Active-X control from registering correctly, and even if you re-install Flash it may not work. This was a huge problem when IE7 hit the market and can show up at times for reasons I don't fully understand.

There are a couple of steps that may need to be done to fix this. First, try to uninstall the Flash Active-X control as per this procedure http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14157

Then, look at C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash folder. There should not be any file ending in .ocx remaining.

If all the OCX files are indeed gone, try to reinstall Flash for IE from the Adobe site.

If you still cannot see the Flash content with IE7 then the registry entries are most likely corrupted. This article outlines the steps needed to repair the registry - http://www.supportfl...bleshooting.pdf

Note that the symptoms described in the first part may not relate exactly to you, but the remedy steps should still apply.

fix23

fix23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
thanks alot, i will try this right now.

ill let you kno if it worked!!