Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System won't boot, unplug and wait then it boots?

• Please log in to reply

Picky

Picky

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
I have seen this before, E-Machine does not boot, it goes to the E-Machine logo or asks for last known configuration then goes back to the E-Machine logo. I had a friend unplug it and bring it to my house and I plugged it in and it worked fine. I have see this before were you can pull the power away from the tower and wait 30 minutes or so and plug it in and it will work. What is really happening here?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
it's possible that the power supply is failing.....which tends to be unfortunate on an Emachines computer...they often use proprietary PSUs that are hard to come by

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
eMachines use low quality power supply units so that should be the first thing you change, before it goes completely haywire and forces you to have to replace the main board as well. All eMachines do it, as a testament to how cheap they were when you first bought it :)