Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE7 Favorites not working on click

• Please log in to reply

DaCord

DaCord

• Pip
  • 3 posts
IE7 when I try and click on any of my favorites to browse them they do not work and when trying to add a new url to my favorites they have no links. The icon does not have the e symbol next to it but a applications symbol.

Also this Dell laptop of mine is running so slow. I have run AVG, Spybot - Search and Destroy, Regisrty Mechanic, RegCure, XoftSpySE, Zonealarm Security Suite with Anti-virus and spyware. I did disable the Anti-virus and spyware when doing a AVG scan. Nothing comes up except tracking cookies. Help

Edited by DaCord, 26 September 2007 - 03:50 AM.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Posting a HJT log in this section is going to slow your help as no one, but the Malware people are allowed to help you through a HJT log. Serious problems can arise by seeking help with a HJT log outside of the Malware section. Recommend that you remove the HJT log and go to the Malware section of this forum and follow the instructions at the top. Especially the Click Here link. That will give you several steps that will help you clean up most of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the cleanup process you are still having difficulty, and you may not be, then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

Please be patient as the "Malware Forum" is a very busy place and a two or three day wait is not unusual.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the Malware Section, please return to this thread. Please do not post a HiJackThis log in this thread unless asked to do so and then only as an attachment. To attach log, when requested, either change the .log extension to .txt, or put the log into a compressed (zipped) folder.

Please post back if your problem has been solved.

Ron

DaCord

DaCord

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have resolved the problem by running the latest update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP SP2 from Microsoft. sitehttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9ae91ebe-3385-447c-8a30-081805b2f90b&displaylang=en

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Thank you for posting back with your solution. It is always great to hear about a successful solution to a problem. :)

:wave: ,

Ron