Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

what is causing vista to boot up like this?

• Please log in to reply

ironik-

ironik-

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I wish I had a video to show you but I'll explain it with as much detail as possible. during the login (password) screen, if I type my password right after the login screen i takes quite a time to start up, and I also get a brief black screen with cursor only after the loading screen, which then takes me to the desktop. but if i wait 5 seconds for vista or the hard drive, it boots up immediately. why is this and is this normal?

does the hard drive speed have anything to do with it, for example I have 160 GB 5400RPM, when I get the password screen the hard drive is at full throttle, for lack of better word. only for like...5 secs, after that if i type my password it boots up extremely fast. Its been like this ever since the first day I turned it on.

well I tried to be as descriptive as possible!
HP DV6355us
2GB
160GB HD 5400 RPM
AMD Turion 64 X2
128MB geforce go 6150

why is this and is this normal?

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
ironik,

Yes this is normal with Nvidia Video cards. This has to do with your resolution changing and the video card starting fully. Think of it as the blank screen that happens in between going into a video game.

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
My Vista system on HP Pavilion 9500 does the same thing. If I need to have it boot up faster, like if I am going from one class to another, I use the hibernate function. I also have an Nvidia graphics card.