Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intellipoint won't save settings

• Please log in to reply

PuffGussy36

PuffGussy36

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Microsoft Intellipoint won't save my settings after I reboot. I have a Logitech keyboard and am also running the SetPoint software for it. Could this be conflicting with the MS ware? Right now I have both my wireless Intellimouse (Explorer 2.0) and the wireless optical mouse that came with my keyboard in use at the same time.

I'm going to try updating the MS software (there is a newer version available). I'm running SetPoint version 3.1.116 which is not the newest version of SetPoint but was the last version to work without issues (the newer/newest versions are very buggy).

The Intellipoint settings that won't stick are related to the "pointer options" tab (i.e., pointer speed, enhanced pointer precision, etc.).

I haven't found any other posts or information on this issue. Thanks for your help.

Advertisements

PuffGussy36

PuffGussy36

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Wait. Stop. Never mind. When I tried to install/update the MS software, Windows informed me that the SetPoint software may conflict with it. I'm going to remove the batteries from the Logitech mouse and see if things return to normal.