Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bo:Heap - Can't connect to Internet; HELP PLEASE !

• Please log in to reply

andytls

andytls

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I have had a message from McAffee virus scan upon startup for a few days. Now, the problems have inceased. As of this moment my computer will not connet to the internet. It says that the signal is good, it just has limited or no connectivity. I am receiving the following error from McAffee:
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe::LoadLibraryA" and
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe::ReadFile

It shows these detected as "bo:heap"
detection type: "buffer overflow"

At first this message was coming up every time I would turn on the computer, but now the problems have escalated. I no longer can connect to the internet, I am using my laptop to write this. Brighthouse shows a signal coming in, and I know it works because the wireless hub is working and I am connected with my laptop right now. My PC, which is my main computer with all of my schoolwork on it is the one that is down. I'm not sure what to do, I don't even think that I could post a Hijack This log because it won't even connect online. Please advise me on how to fix this, I need this PC for my classes that I am taking at the University here. Thanks guys, I look forward very much to hearing your reply, thanks!!

-Andy
Hey Andy - I edited out your email address to protect you from SPAM.

Edited by coachwife6, 25 September 2007 - 06:48 PM.
email address

Advertisements