Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgraded to Windows Live Messenger, Now cannot sign on!

• Please log in to reply

vettegofast

vettegofast

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hey guys, i was forced by Microsoft to upgrade my MSN messenger to windows live messenger. Now it doesnt sign in. I get various error messages including:

Sometimes it will sign in after about an hour by my contacts list is missing. I do not have windows firewall on Nor do i have zone labs. I have a pix firewall and my co worker next to me can sign on just fine with the same version. We both have windows XP.

Please help!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
try uninstalling and then reinstall. If that doesn't fix it, then you may have other issues with your system and need local tech support to address the issue.

vettegofast

vettegofast

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I have tried reinstalling multiple times. The problem is, I am the local tech support. I am the tech for my company. I have been researching this through search engine for the past few days. I see a bunch of different fixes but nothing works short of reformatting the machine. Thanks for the help!!!

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
makes you wish they made an msn uninstaller so you could clean out the old versions. You can try performing an xp repair and see if that works. You could even install Trillian.