Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How To Get Rid of the BHO.AKY Trojan Horse

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Koukla1962

Koukla1962

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I don't get how on the scan website where the send button is !?!?!?!

Advertisements

Koukla1962

Koukla1962

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I don't get how on the website where the send button is !?!?!

Sorry for the double send

Edited by Koukla1962, 08 October 2007 - 11:55 AM.

racenutalways

racenutalways

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,675 posts
What send button are you referring to? After you enter your email? I think it may say "scan pc now" or something like that. I think they might have gone away with the send button.

Koukla1962

Koukla1962

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
They might have gotten rid of the send button but I have pressed the scan now button repeatedly and nothing happens but because I have put my e-mail address in the box, I think pressing the button sends junk to my inbox. I never had this before pressing the button.

On the upside, I don't seem to have any viruses.
Thank you!!!

racenutalways

racenutalways

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,675 posts
All is working well?

Now that you are ready to surf the net peacefully, here are things I like to suggest to users;

There are different browsers available on the net, other than Internet Explorer, we believe!! these are better for security purposes :

Firefox
Opera

Google Toolbar <= Get the free google toolbar to help stop pop up windows.

SpywareBlaster to help prevent spyware from installing in the first place.
SpywareGuard to catch and block spyware before it can execute.
IESpy-Ad to block access to malicious websites so you cannot be redirected to them from an infected site or email.
MVPS Hosts file <= The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your coputer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer

You should also have a good firewall. Here are 2 free ones available for personal use:

Kerio Personal Firewall
ZoneAlarm

To keep your operating system up to date visit monthly

Microsoft Windows Update

And to keep your system clean run these free malware scanners

AdAware SE Personal........How to use Ad-Aware to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Ad-Aware.
Spybot Search & Destroy............How to use Spybot to remove Spyware <= If you suspect that you have spyware installed on your computer, here are instructions on how to download, install and then use Spybot. Similar to Ad-Aware, I strongly recommend both to catch most spyware.

And lastly, read Tony Klein's article: So how DID you get infected in the first place?

Koukla1962

Koukla1962

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Thank you for the reply and advice.
Do you know any advice about this junk e-mail??????

racenutalways

racenutalways

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,675 posts
You receiving junk email from Panda? Multiple or just the one? I know they will send you one, just delete it, won't get another.

Koukla1962

Koukla1962

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
It's multiply on BIG scale. I had 46 junk e-mails in 1 day. :)

Koukla1962

Koukla1962

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hi I was just wondering about something...
In C Drive all the files that were found by OTMove IT and qoobox, well it's picking the contents of the folders as viruses by avg. I was just wondering if these were sucure folders and if I could delete them.
I was also wondering if you had any advice on this junk e-mail situation. The problem is driving me crazy:(
Thank you for any replies

racenutalways

racenutalways

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,675 posts
Yes, delete that file. Spam is in a class by itself. If you Google "How to stop Spam", you will have thousands of hits. We all get spam, depending on online activity, people get more then others. Create a e-mail acc't for online activity and one for you personal activities to reduce you from deleting spam all day. I myself get 20 a day. Place checkmark here and delete. No biggie. There are anti spam progrmas available out there. How good are they? Dunno.

Here's an article referring to SPAM.

Advertisements

Koukla1962

Koukla1962

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
After all your assistance, the problem I initually requested help from younow appears to be completely resolved!!! I had the same problem in March and at that time I never heard of sites like this so I had to start the computer from scratch. I would like to take the oppertunity to express my gratitude and thanks for all your expert and knowledgeable help and without which my computer would be virtually unusable. Again, many, many thanks for a much appreciated invaluable service.

With best Regards,
Stephen

racenutalways

racenutalways

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,675 posts
You are quite welcome. :)