Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BURNING CDS PROBLEM

• Please log in to reply

Wendy24

Wendy24

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello for the past days i have been having a hard time burning cds. I can burn the cds with Magic Burning Studio but i can only burn 5 songs no more than that why i have no clue, I tried Nero 7 but nothing either Nero act likes its burnin but my cds stays blank.

I check to see with my burner was install right and it is, i know nero is a very popular program but i need something to burn my songs at least the 18 that i used to burn . Also i have the cdr cds with the 80 minutes on it brand maxwel and i have try different types of cds so i know is not the cds any suggestion what could it be?

Please let me know

thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Sounds like a problem with the drive. If its out of warranty, purchase a new one. Easy to fit - pop the old one out and put a new one in.

uesquebeathus

uesquebeathus

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Roxio and Nero are the most popular I started with Roxio but do prefer Nero

have you tried to use the NERO diagnostic tools, one is called CD=DVD Speed, it will require you to put a rewritable disc into the drive for testing (the disc will be tested for read and write and available speeds the drive is capable of doing etc, if you run that tool it should give you an answer if the drive is ok or if it is faulty,

there is an update available for version 7 in at the Ahead Nero web site