Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to view my hidden folders!

• Please log in to reply

smadam9

smadam9

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
So I did my research and I have already modified the registry values for the "show hidden files" radio button. Nothing has worked, it always goes back to "Do not show hidden files."

I believe my computer is infected with malware/virus. I ran ad-aware and thats all at the moment. I will try Ewido and HJT.
If anyone can give me some input or analyze my HJT log (if necessary) I'd appreciate that. I have files that I need to access that are hidden!

Adam

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
If you suspect malware, please go to the Malware section of this forum and follow the instructions at the top. Especially the Click Here link. That will give you several steps that will help you clean up most of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the cleanup process you are still having difficulty, and you may not be, then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

Please be patient as the "Malware Forum" is a very busy place and a two or three day wait is not unusual.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the Malware Section, please return to this thread. Please do not post a HiJackThis log in this thread unless asked to do so and then only as an attachment. To attach log, when requested, either change the .log extension to .txt, or put the log into a compressed (zipped) folder.

Please post back if your problem has been solved.

Ron

ERIC_2PAC

ERIC_2PAC

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey even i'm facing the same [censored] problem.. i get [censored]

CAN ANYONE HELP ME!!!! PLZ!!!!

I'm NEW HERE!!!

PEACE!!!
ERIC

Edited by admin, 03 December 2007 - 11:21 PM.
rough language

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Eric, I realize you may be new here, but the coarse language has gotta go. This is your first, and last warning.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi ERIC_2PAC, welcome to Geeks to Go!

Even though you may appear to have the exact same problem, more often than not the underlying causes are different. Please feel free to start a new thread - appropriately title it and describe to us exactly what the problem is, and what you have tried to fix it. You will receive personalised help shortly!

And as admin has mentioned, please keep your language family friendly :)

Also, if you believe your computer is infected with malware that is causing the problem, then follow the instructions posted by Major Payne. Either way, just let us know what you have done to fix the problem.

Cheers :)