Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with IE

• Please log in to reply

WeBs

WeBs

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi i have 2 problems,

When i open up IE and try to go to a page i get the message "windows cannot find(null)", then lots of empty IE pages open up, i have IE 7 but it looks like the old IE 6, i have ran all spyware checks and anti virus and done all updates

2nd problem is when i turn computer on it wont start and have to unplug all cables and reconnect them then after several attempts it starts, sometimes i get a beep code that is 2 long beeps followed by lots of small ones, it seems that the computer doesnt know that the monitor is there as the light on the monitor stays orange but the monitor works fine with my other tower, also i dont have the windows xp disk for this computer

Hope you can help, thanks

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Those beeps are called "POST Codes" and they give a diagnostic clue to what the problem is. The next time it beeps, count, and note the order, duration and amount of beeps. We can look up POST codes if we know the computer manufacturer and the exact beeping.
http://www.pchell.co...beepcodes.shtml
Johanna