Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A drive error but i have no floppy drive

• Please log in to reply

ajajra

ajajra

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have windows xp on P4. Suddenly am not able to boot my pc anymore it gives me error of A drive error press f4 to continue, when i continue it tries to boot and ends up with a blank screen.

Please help to fix this issue.

thanks a lot

Advertisements

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
I think it just means one of your drives ex. hard drive, cd rom, etc... have an error. Not a floppy A: drive(you said you don't have). unless it says A: drive error (with the colon after the A). anyways does the error give anymore info other than "A drive error press f4 to continue", if so, what is the exact error, like it might say what drive has the error. Also, you can try running Windows CheckDisk utility, click the link below to goto a page with instructions on running checkdisk.

CheckDisk Instructions

Edited by ViprXX, 29 September 2007 - 01:18 AM.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This error is usually caused by turning on the Drive A setting and/or the floppy controller in the BIOS when there is no floppy drive present.
Easy to fix - go into BIOS (usually by resetting and pressing either F1, F2, F10 or Del) and see out Drive A settings (usually under Standard CMOS Features) or the Floppy Controller (usually under Integrated Peripherials).

Cabumgane

Cabumgane

• Pip
  • 1 posts

This error is usually caused by turning on the Drive A setting and/or the floppy controller in the BIOS when there is no floppy drive present.
Easy to fix - go into BIOS (usually by resetting and pressing either F1, F2, F10 or Del) and see out Drive A settings (usually under Standard CMOS Features) or the Floppy Controller (usually under Integrated Peripherials).

Thank you Mr.neil Jones you save me from Embarrassment..hehe