Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Zero Games Working!

• Please log in to reply

Bobbydoo8

Bobbydoo8

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
First off I checked most of the ordinary errors we can get. I have updated drivers, didn't work, checked dxdiag for any problems, and searched for any other things that would be causing my graphics card to not function properly. I have one game, Half-Life 2 that actually tried to load the game in the menu and it fed me back with some weird view, i printscreened...Posted Image

All my older games like BF Vietnam and Battlefield 1942, and some reason GRAW....

I'm not an idiot when it comes to computers, but this is really odd....i'm thinking the graphics card may be fried, gettin kind of old 6800 GT....I'm taking it apart as I type :) any help appreciated...

Advertisements

Bobbydoo8

Bobbydoo8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Well I went through and installed XP from a disc i got from college, onto another harddrive i had laying around.......Turns out that now the games are running great once again....

To fix the harddrive on my other computer what do ya think I should delete???? Reinstall pbuster, directx?.......I'm not sure really why a game wouldn't load at startup......Thx for any reply, I'll keep hammering on it in the morning..

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
If your card will work on a fresh install, my only suggestion would be the fact that you installed the wrong driver.
James

Bobbydoo8

Bobbydoo8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Well it was working fine on driver 94.something and I didn't upgrade the driver or do anything else out of the ordinary and it stopped working.....Later after seeing that none of my games were working, I installed the newer drivers and that didn't help... Well nevertheless, I did the fresh install and my winXP system is back up and running good, I always keep all my stuff backed up so i didn't lose anything.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Good to hear :)
James