Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TrackingCookie.Revsci

• Please log in to reply

zowiemagic

zowiemagic

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Every so often AVG Resident Shield informs me that it's detected TrackingCookie.Revsci, but whenever I try to move it to the virus vault, I can't. Is this something I should be concerned about? Just how harmful can tracking cookies be? I delete them whenever I go offline - somewhat paranoid about that sort of thing - but this one doesn't seem to want to leave. Also, over the past few days, when I'm offline, AVG has suddenly reported that it's detected tracking cookies - but I'm OFFLINE so how could that be? This has never happened before to the best of my memory so that's why I'm somewhat concerned. Thanks for any and all help... you folks are great! :)

Laurie

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Tracking cookies can theoretically be used to monitor which sites you visit, but this depends on the sites you visit all using the same advertising services. Plausible, but not likely.

As for offline cookies - all cookies are stored on your hard drive when they're set when you're online so its how you can end up with them during an offline scan.