Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BF2142 Crash Under XP but not Vista

• Please log in to reply

Bobbydoo8

Bobbydoo8

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Well I'm trying to get my BF2142 to work under XP, but it works under Vista for some reason and not XP. I've recently removed Vista from my harddrive because I got tired of its slow laggy performance while playing games and DX10 was making my older games look like trash. So now under XP I'm trying to play and every time I'm in the game for about 10-50 seconds the game just exits out and asks for an error report to be sent....what do ya think the problem is???? Also I do have a 22" Widescreen Monitor...specs r in sig..

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
try settings your video game resolution down to a smaller size and see what happens. Also make sure your video drivers are updated. Also make sure patched.

Bobbydoo8

Bobbydoo8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Yeapers got it working......

I thought it was just because I had a widescreen monitor, or something stupid like that, because I saw on some site that EA Games don't like working on widescreen monitors for some reason???

Well anyways I just went through my settings for BF2142 cranked the view distance all the way up, changed reticule color, and adjusted my anti-aliasing to 4x which is what I've set manually with my card and it started working. I'm guessing that probably what the problem was the anti-aliasing manual being set up outside of the actual game.

Any who, I got it working like a champ now.....yippee off to more killin' :)