Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

remote desktop logs me back out

• Please log in to reply

gregmark34

gregmark34

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
XPP SP2
SP2 FW
netgear router

i have just noticed that when i try to remote desktop connect to 1 of my pc`s it logs on ok, get the background displayed and a blue box saying loading your personal prefs but then immediately pops up another blue box saying closing network connection and it closes the RDC, just as though i clicked on logout as soon as i get logged in??

odd thing is that if i log on on the target pc i can then connect to that user account with RDC fine but if i am not logged on the target pc, im on the blue logon screen, i get this problem when trying to RDC to this 1 comp from all of my other pc`s

have tryied getting the latest RDP client but it dont install it just says i already have RDC installed on my comp

i`v had a good look around but cant find the answer and it`s starting to really do my head in, i just can stand little (or big) bugs i end up spending sleepless nights until i sus them.

i have already posted to Major Geeks but have not had a single response as yet, also have a post on Tech Support Guy but not getting any usable feedback yet so im turning to the big boys

hope som1 out there can help
Thx all
Greg.

Advertisements

sunmash

sunmash

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Try http://www.logmein.com

ClickRight

ClickRight

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
If you are using anything from the VNC family (UltraVNC, RealVNC, etc.) at the same time, or wairing for connections in the background, this will certainly happen in some situations. Other than that, I can't think of anything more that would cause this to happen.

Edited by ClickRight, 08 October 2007 - 10:40 PM.

gregmark34

gregmark34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
well thx 4 all your help , no i was not using any of the VNC stuff, and no i could not figure it out in the end so i have reinstalled xp now and all is fine, v odd prob that not a single forum could help me with but thats life.

Thx all
Greg

Edited by gregmark34, 09 October 2007 - 04:57 AM.