Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

stupid cds/cd drive!

• Please log in to reply

Stickly

Stickly

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
some of my burned cds (data) mess up my computer. when i put them in, everything is fine, but when i try to eject them, nothing happens. the only way i can get them out is by going into itunes and clicking eject disc. even then though, windows still thinks it's in there. all the files are still listed even when i put in a new disc. then i need to restart to get it to reset. is there a way to fix this problem? it's very annoying.

thanks
Eric

Advertisements

WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
Hi Stickly.

Some programs have the ability of disabling the eject button. I suspect that one of your programs is written wrong and won't return control of the button to you. By restarting your computer you force the button control back to you.

Restart your PC. Test the eject button to make sure it works right. Run your apps, one by one, that use the drive. Exit the app. Retest your eject button each time to identify the bad program. When you find that program then uninstall it.