Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ggclient

• Please log in to reply

blaCky7

blaCky7

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
I downloaded GGclient recently from gg-game.com. It's getting a little bit annoying when i was having fun during the game and the next thing i was disconnected even though my hsemates were not using the internet. I got the same problem with Hamachi as well. The most frustrating part is that when i get disconnected, it usually require me to restart my computer so that i can gain access to the internet again. So, most of the time, i get disconnected, wireless network connected but the internet doesnt seem to be working.

Im on belkin wireless router model F5D76304-A. Im not sure whether i did the portforwarding correctly but this was what i'd done. In the application gateway, i trigger the ports for 1513, 8688 and 7456, TCP both in trigger type and public type. I did the same for UDP. I also did the same thing for virtual server using my static ip address, protocal type TCP&UDP, 1513, 8688 and 7456 both in LAN port and public port.

If it is not a portforwarding problem, could it be my router or the isp? My isp is iinet from australia.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I'm not too sure of the problem, but I wouldn't trust iinet :)

I'm currently with TPG, they're awesome, or look at Internode - these two companies are way better and have proper game servers etc...