Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard has been completely remapped

• Please log in to reply

Thunderdonkey

Thunderdonkey

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have just recently moved and after putting my computer back together the keyboard doesn't work properly. I have tried to roll back and update drivers, uninstall and reinstall, change the language settings for the keyboard, I have tried multiple keyboards but nothing changes. I almost positive that it isn't the other keyboard setting (i forget the name) because i can't type anything. I know this because when I press certain keys the computer makes the sound that too many keys are being pressed but I have gone over all the keys to see if they are clicking and they all are. when I press the 'v' key both AIM and outlook opens and 'j' and 'k' put my computer to sleep and shut it down. I can't find anything online about this and hoping someone else has heard of this.
Thanks

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go.

If you have your XP install CD I would go to Start -> Run ->type "sfc /scannow" without quotes and hit enter
Put in the CD when asked reboot when done and check.

Now if you dont have the XP CD or that fix doesnt work this sounds like you have malware. My recommendation would be to post in the Malware forum, but make sure you read this Guide first.

Thunderdonkey

Thunderdonkey

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I can't type at all. No letters appear, its like the some of the keys were changed to hotkeys. and I have run adware and anitvirus software and those were clean.

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I am assuming you are using another computer to post than.

Can you use the on screen keyboard on that machine?
Go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Accessibility -> On Screen Keyboard

Thunderdonkey

Thunderdonkey

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
the on screen keyboard worked but nothing changed. I ran the scan but either it didn't find anything or it didn't get changed.

Edited by Thunderdonkey, 03 October 2007 - 11:53 AM.

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I suggest posting in the malware forum, I really think there is something going on.

Thunderdonkey

Thunderdonkey

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ok thanks