Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

fujitsu laptop failure-need advice

• Please log in to reply

richsro

richsro

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I certainly don't qualify as a geek but sure am glad there are folks like you out there.
I have a 2 year old, Fujitsu tablet notebook; moderately used, running Windows xp.
The other night while watching a dvd, the screen suddenly went blank, flashed a blue screen with technical text for a moment then completely blank. Shut it down then then tried restarting later a few times. A few times Windows would begin to load then give error messages or go blank. Now whenever I try to start, just get blank screen with small white blinking cursor in upper left. I'm guessing it's a hardware failure. I really can't afford to take it to a shop to be looked at and am willing to try to swap out parts myself. Any advice on what most likely is wrong? Thanks

Advertisements

Richenstony

Richenstony

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Sounds like a Bsod ...... aka the blue screen of death ....

We need the error message from the blue screen to assist you further......

Keep in mind i said it may be .... im not 100% certain

Tony :)

WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
Hi richsro.

Here's the official MS Knowledge base bulletin on this and some things to try.

Black Screen - Booting Hangs at with White Underscore Cursor
"Computer stops responding with a black screen when you start Windows XP" KB 314503

I've haven't come across another useful/coherent step-by-step procedure.

richsro

richsro

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the suggestion. Did not record error message but will try to use the MS Knoledge article info.