I've already done a full 'clean' Re-install of XP to stop this (among other things) from happening.
I know I don't have to re-install to fix this but I've tried everything:
I looked in the "Startup" folder. I tried "msconfig" and I've also got WinPatrol (this is GREAT software b.t.y.) and none of this returned any hits on this mysteriouse happening!
I tried moving the folder (it's a program one) that it keeps opening.... and IT WORKED ..... untill I moved it back again!
It must be something in the registry. I tried CCleaner and I didn't find anything.
Is there a way to fix this?
I'm good with computers but I just can't work this one out 'cause I don't know what I'm looking for
This is the specs of my problem:
1. The folder it opens is the Skype program folder - When this last happend it was also a program folder (Cyberlink) - that it kept opening.
2. It happend just after I installed Skype recorder from Giveawayoftheday.com
3. I hadn't shut down my computer for about a week (it'd been on standby and hibernation a lot though) and i think that was what was causing my computer to randomly turn off and restart.
4. Any way I suspected that to fix this I'd just need to Shut down and restart my compueter a few times to give it a rest.
5. Before I had a chance to shut down after I installed skype recorder my worst fear came true ..... My computer turned itself off and restarted.
6. Then when it finished booting it opend this folder: C:Program Files\Skype
7. It's been doing it ever since
8. I t's not restarting all by itself anymore though
If you can help that'd be great,