Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Email problems with internet explorer

• Please log in to reply

†_Moose_†

†_Moose_†

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
I cannot log into my Yahoo email account. I can log into my yahoo home page but when I try to go to my email, I receive the dreaded.......... "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message. I thought maybe yahoo was down temporarily for maintenance, but my wife and friends are having no problems using their yahoo mail. I've made sure all my settings are correct, I have the latest internet exlorer (7), I just cannot sign in. My username and password are correct. I have extremely important mail I NEED to retreive. Can anyone help? Any suggestions? I tried Yahoo help but their help system is useless. Someone, please HELP :) !
Thanks!

Advertisements

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Does the problem manifest when attempting the page with other browsers?

†_Moose_†

†_Moose_†

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
No doc, only with internet explorer. Any idea why it is doing this? Thanks! :)

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
I stopped using IE back when it was still 6. I'm sure that some IE power user will be along. Until then, use Opera or Firefox to do your mail,eh?

BTW, I never liked Firefox, but I found Opera to be terrific. It is so customizible
and quick. It gives me all the stuff I liked about IE without all the headaches.