Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Winzip 11.1 pro

• Please log in to reply

cosypete

cosypete

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,

new to all this so please be gentle. I have done a big video project which is 11 gigs worth and I wanted to back it up. I used winzip and it split it into 3 files. I copied them conventionally to disc but when I came to copy them back on the hard drive to check they were ok there was an error message. So I decided to copy the files directly to disc using the winzip export to disc way. Again no luck.

All I want to do is take this 11 gig file and copy it onto DVD (3 discs) using winzip and then be able to load it back off disc and check that all the files are correct.

I know I am doing something wrong somewhere and I would really appreciate some help as I am wasting DVD discs. I didn't realise that backing up a file could be so stressful.

Any help gratefully recieved.

Cheers Cosy Pete

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Not going to happen, I'm afraid, it doesn't work like that. No removable media at this time can hold 11Gb of data and splitting files over multiple CDs/DVDs is only really possible with something like Norton Ghost or Acronis but these will copy the entire drive which is not what you want.

A better solution would be to invest in either a separate internal drive or an external USB hard drive/caddy. You can then use it to store your 11Gb file, your raw video files and anything else to do with the project, as well as other non-project related stuff as well.

Edited by Neil Jones, 06 October 2007 - 05:47 PM.