Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD Page Fault In Non-Paged Area

• Please log in to reply

deathcry

deathcry

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
i am getting this bsod after my computer has been running after a few mins., it has been running very very slow, and i have updated my video driver and i am still getting this message. Could it be Faulty Ram? i have suspected that or possibly a corrupted operating system. i was wondering if anybody has any tips for me. any help would be appreciated.

Edited by deathcry, 06 October 2007 - 06:26 PM.

Advertisements

sunmash

sunmash

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Please list the specifications of your computer i.e. CPU (make and model), RAM (brand, type, speed, etc.), operating system (including any service packs installed), etc.

Please be very thorough.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
We want to run the offline crash diagnostics to get a quick snapshot at what could possibly be the problem with you getting Blue screen error messages.

First we want to download the offline crash diagnostic. You can obtain that here
Now we want to Run the Offline Crash Diagnostic tool
After you save the WindowsXP-KB923800-ENU.exe file, follow these steps:

1. Double-click the WindowsXP-KB923800-ENU.exe file to install the Offline Crash Diagnostic tool.
The installer adds the Offline Crash Diagnostic tool files to the %Windir%\Pchealth\Helpctr\Binaries folder.
2. Click Start, click Run, type [i]ocadiagnostic.exe[/i] ,and then click OK to run the Offline Crash Diagnostic tool.
3. Agree to let the tool send information to Microsoft. Then, click Next.
The tool performs the following tasks:

• The tool determines the number of dump files on the computer.
• The tool finds any dump files that are located in the %Windir%\Minidump folder. You can choose to send all the dump files, or you can choose to send individual dump files.
Note The last 10 dump files to be created are collected. Dump files are not collected if they are more than one year old.
• The tool automatically sends the dump files to the Office Crash Diagnostic Microsoft database Web site for analysis.
• The tool downloads the response URLs.
• The tool displays the response IDs. The tool also provides hyperlinks to the Office Crash Diagnostic Web site.

Go ahead and report back the Responce IDS with your next post.

deathcry

deathcry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I am using a notebook IBM ThinkPad R51. The CPU is an Intel Pentium{R} M at 1500mhz, 239mhz, 504mb Ram. THe ram is PC2700 and runs at 333mhz. i will have to open up the case to see what brand the ram is. The OS is Windows XP Pro and there is Service Pack 2 installed. i have installed an updated video driver and so far i havent got that bsod error. also when i was getting the non paged error i would also get the Bad Pooler bsod as well.

deathcry

deathcry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
tuxmaster,

here are the response ID's that i got when uploading the dump files to microsoft.

ID-10, ID-7554, ID-7554, ID-10. I Hope this helps, also i have run some antispy and antivirus programs and there was some spyware, so maybe that was the cause, i havent been anything any bsods lately which is cool.

Just want to say thank you to everybody who is trying to help me out, i really do apprecate it :).

Edited by deathcry, 09 October 2007 - 07:33 PM.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Deathcry,

Yes that did help. According to ID 7554 you have PCtools (spyware Doctor) installed and that it or programs that were accessing it ware causing a problem.

I would uninstall and then reinstall Spyware Doctor then run its updates.

deathcry

deathcry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
ok thank you for the help tuxmaster, i will uninstall spyware doctor, i am using the super antispy program and that seems like a much better software. i appreciate your help :).

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
You are welcome. I am glad that I could help.

Edited by tuxmaster, 09 October 2007 - 08:33 PM.