Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My printer won't reinstall

• Please log in to reply

TechnologyH8sMe

TechnologyH8sMe

• Pip
  • 9 posts
my printer (Epson Stylus CX5400) won't re-install. I hear the sound that tells me I have a new device connected. But it doesn't show the 'new hardware detected' icon OR the add new hardware wizard. I run the install CD, and it runs fully, even appearing to fully install, but it doesn't show as installed in the printer and fax area on my comp and when I attempt to print word or acrobat reader tell me there is no printer installed. I have tried this, btw, in all four USB ports that I have.

I have manually run the add new hardware programme and it says that a CX5400 is installed which it HAD been.

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Instead of add hardware why don't you run the add printer wizard in the printer folder ?
Cheers
Peterm

TechnologyH8sMe

TechnologyH8sMe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Instead of add hardware why don't you run the add printer wizard in the printer folder ?
Cheers
Peterm

I just tried. it says "Operation could not be completed. The print spooler service is not running."

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Please click on control panel>Administrative tools>services shortcut>
Go down the list to print spooler Is the status Started. If not right click click on start
try print wizard again

TechnologyH8sMe

TechnologyH8sMe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Please click on control panel>Administrative tools>services shortcut>
Go down the list to print spooler Is the status Started. If not right click click on start
try print wizard again

OMG Thank you!! Now, out of curiousity (if it's not too much trouble) how would it get turned off? I know I didn't change it because I didn't even know about that until you told me to look, and I am the only one who even touches this computer.

But again, thank you so much! I'm a college student so I needed that printer!!!

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
you don't turn it off
it is a service that should stay on