Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

modum

• Please log in to reply

grahame10

grahame10

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
:) hello all can i use a modum that was supplied by present isp when i go to my new isp

thanks grahame10 :)

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
that depends on your ISP....most of the time you are renting your modem from your ISP...and you don't own it...so you can't take it with you etc...you'll have to check with both ISPs to get the answer to your question

grahame10

grahame10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
thanks for your reply i'll have to see what the isp's say :)

thanks grahame10

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If its a bog standard USB modem and you're on a BT line for this new account and you were on a BT line for the previous account, it should be usable on all internet providers that use BT lines.

grahame10

grahame10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Thanks Neil Jones

Yes the modem is a speedtouch 330 it was supplied free by my ISP. But i'm going to change my service provider later this month, I've sent off and recieved back a new installation disc from the makers so now all i've got to do is uninstall it and do a restall using the new disc. :)

Thanks for your help and dsenette as well.

Thanks again Grahame10

Edited by grahame10, 09 October 2007 - 06:49 PM.