Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing an old webcam

• Please log in to reply

_Endless_

_Endless_

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
Hi, I've had a Trust 120 spacecam for 3 years now and it got uninstalled quite a few months ago due to the computer having to be restarted from scratch. I have lost the CD to install it, all I have is the instruction manual, which obviously is no good. I've looked on the Trust website to download the drivers, but can't seem to able to install it again. I've also searched in my search engine and I do find results, but everytime I click on the links, they say 'this page cannot be displayed' or it just doesn't work. I was wondering if maybe it's saying this cos the webcam is quite old? I'm not sure..... I was hoping someone on here could help me get it working again or will I just have to buy a new one?

Hope someone can help, thanks. :)

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi _Endless_!

Does this webpage help? I just downloaded the top file succesfully, but I can't double check it because I don't have your cam!

Let me know what happens :)

_Endless_

_Endless_

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Thanks for the reply. That's the website I've been on. It downloads successfully, but when it searches for the file it says ... "The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software" The webcam also has the green light on so I know that the webcam itself is fine. :)

_Endless_

_Endless_

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
hey, could you still help me?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
It's a tough one, because I don't have your webcam. Nevertheless, I want you to download ERUNT and CCleaner, both in my signature. Leave them on your desktop for now.

Disconnect the webcam completely from the computer.

Go to the Add/Remove Programs applet in the Control Panel, and uninstall every program relating to the webcam. If you have any programs listed that you don't recognise - Google them. Now restart your computer, then install ERUNT and CCleaner. Run ERUNT first, read here for a quick tutorial - posts #3 and #4.

Next run CCleaner, on the first tab Cleaner, select the Run Cleaner button, down the bottom right. It may take a while depending on how many temporary files are on your system. Next, select the Registry tab and click Scan for Issues. Have it fix all errors it finds. Scan again and fix until no errors are found.

Restart your computer and install the drivers again, making sure you haven't connected the webcam yet. It might ask you to do so during the installation.

Failing this, there's not much more that I can help you with. It may be a faulty webcam, or someone else might have a different idea. If it's been three days with no reply, you may post in the waiting room - link in my signature.

:)

_Endless_

_Endless_

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I've done everything you said and it's still saying the same thing. :) I really don't think the webcam is faulty, because like I said before the green light is on, which is a good sign.