Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Network Card Missing

• Please log in to reply

john08

john08

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a HP Pavilion Notebook that is running Windows Vista Home. My Broadcom 802.11 wireless card use to work fine till one day nothing. The front switch which u can enable and disable the wireless turns blue when working and orange when not, it just stays orange. I went into the device manager and under network the card isnt listed anymore. I reinstalled the drivers, checked for hardware changes, and even installed a new card from HP but still Vista doesnt seem to find it. I rand diagnostic and it says no wireless card installed. Called HP and after 3 calls and 3 hours of wasted time they were of no help. The weird thing is about 2 or 3 days a month it just starts working but then goes away again....I am at a lose and don't want to pay a large tech fee if this is something I can solve at home....

Advertisements