Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Deleted files not in Recycle Bin

• Please log in to reply

SHENGTON

SHENGTON

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
I know that if you delete something in your Floppy Disk or Flash Drive, the files that you deleted are not in the Recycle Bin. This is because Recycle Bin is only for the hard drives. Floppies are not covered neither are flash drives.

Now question is:
Where are my deleted files go?

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
The deleted files are still present unless you have reformated or have added content to flash drive in, which case, some or all may have been over written.

The tiny bit of information that points to the location of the file on the drive is erased. This pointer, along with other pointers for every folder and file on the drive, is saved in a section near the beginning of the drive. By erasing the pointer file, the actual file becomes invisible to the operating system. Eventually, the drive will write new data over the area where the old file is located.

Ron

SHENGTON

SHENGTON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Thanks Major Payne! :)

If someone knows where the deleted files go please feel free to post it here co'z this will be will be additional info for me.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
They don't go anywhere. They just get written over since the space they are in is set as being writable sectors. :)

Ron