Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer completly crashed

• Please log in to reply

heyyy

heyyy

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I was enjoying myself, just putting a cd on the computer and browsing the internet, then when I looked up from texting someone, BAM BSOD....of course, I didn't write down the code >.< and I just tried to restart....nothing...bios don't load up, no beeps, nothing.
all the hardware boots fine (HD,drives,ect) but no bootscreen
So now, I took the hard drive out of my computer, and am now using it on my family computer. SO i know it's not the hard drive.
All I can think of is that the motherboard is hitting the side of the case, but I doubt that,

Advertisements

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Have you tried re-seating all the memory etc? Taking out one stick of memory, swapping them etc? I presume because you took out your HDD you know how to change memory? :)

heyyy

heyyy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Thanks for the reply, and yes, I just tried your suggestion. Didn't work. thanks though!
I'm going to see if it is the power supply now. but I don't think it is. :)

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
It is very possible that the power supply unit is faulty. It gives you 12 volt for the electric motors (fans, Hd) but it doesn't give the 5 volt needed to run the electronics. Try to repalce it.

heyyy

heyyy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Nope, just tried a different supply in the computer and still nothing happened.
The good news is that I'm getting a new motherboard/psu/case tonight. :)