Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

excel 2003 taken over by someone

• Please log in to reply

upsidedown

upsidedown

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hopefully, someone else has encountered this. Something has taken over my excel (probably all of 2003 Office)
and running micros in the commands ruining my ability to edit, etc.

I ran a Hijack this log and it shows up. I posted the log in the Hijack log forum.

I can only guess this is a backdoor trojan. I've ran Mcaffee, AVG, TrendMicro, Spybot. All showing nothing.

HELP!

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Have you completed the walkthrough with the Malware people yet and been declared cleaned?

Ron

upsidedown

upsidedown

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi Ron,

No, not yet. Just posted it today.

Thanks

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
OK. The Malware section is very busy, so please be patient. If after 3 days you have received no help, please post in The Waiting Room. I take it you have visited the M$ Office site and gotten all the updates?

Ron

Corrected spelling.

Edited by Major Payne, 12 October 2007 - 12:50 PM.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Posted to the malware topic - there is malware in the log, so we'll get that addressed.