Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem in Ethernet Card

• Please log in to reply

Dj J...

Dj J...

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi! Anyone who knows about Ethernet Cards please help! :)
I've got a new computer, but the problem i have is that after switching off the Computer, the Ethernet Card still stays on if the Ethernet Cable is plugged in it. If i take out the Ethernet Cable then it switches off. What i want it to do is to switch off when the computer is switched off? any ideas of how to do this?

I appreciate anyone who replies!

Thanks!! :)!

Advertisements

crc

crc

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Try checking your Bios Settings , and find the WakeUp events , and switch WakeUp on Lan Disbaled. But also depends on your motherboard , so could you tell too your mobo model ??

thnx

Dj J...

Dj J...

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
hi! my motherboard is ASUS P5P800 SE, + ill try doin the BIOS thing u said! Thanks :)

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
If you are connected to a modem, your modem may be providing power to the LED(s) even when your computer is off. After you turn your PC off, turn your modem off and see if all goes dark.

Ron