Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Zencast crashing

• Please log in to reply

sculptr

sculptr

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi. I just bought a Creative Zen Vision M player and installed it on my Dell Inspiron running Win XP. All the software works except for ZenCast Organizer. When I try to transfer my downloaded videos it crashes. I did a quick Google search of this problem and evidently it was triggered by Apple's QuickTime update to 7.2, which I have. The problem is at least a couple months old and nobody has fixed it that I can find. I was trying to find a copy of QuickTime 7.1 to see if that solved my problem but so far I can't find one that I trust or don't have to pay for. I went to add/remove programs and removed an apple software update but I don't know if it was for quicktime. It didn't help the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks! :)

Advertisements

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
Ok, here's a temporary fix i can think of. check your taskbar, if there is a quicktime icon, right click and exit, do this if you also see an itunes icon. try running zencast now.

I would recommend though to download an older version of quicktime from here:

http://www.oldversio...php?n=quicktime

(bookmark the page, it will come in handy)

-OCM770-

sculptr

sculptr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks! Exiting Apple products didn't help, but replacing the QuickTime did. All is well now.

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
No problem, just keep track of that webpage, because, newer doesn't mean better!

-OCM770-