Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help installing router

• Please log in to reply

Grobyc

Grobyc

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello,

I've bought a wireless router (its a 'D-Link' DI-524 802.11g/2.4GHz wireless router) but when I insert the CD manual I don't get much farther. I set everything up, internet goes through DSL modem, then into router and through computer properly (just like the picture shows) but when I input 'http://192.168.0.1' to connect to the router in internet explorer I just get the usual "unable to connect" message where it says I don't have an internet connection. I've tried to figure this out for months but I'm really confused and I don' know what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Give This tutorial by SpaceCowboy706 a read, it's got just about everything you'd need to know..

Grobyc

Grobyc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Basically everything went the same again. I Followed all the steps and when I try to access the internet through my web browser I get the same message. This happens on step 36 of "Wireless Home Network OS Setup (1 to ?? PC’s)". I still do not understand why this happens.

Grobyc

Grobyc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello?
Sorry for the double post. I don't know if someone forgot but I still need help, that manual didn't help.

mitz

mitz

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I have the same router..And it sounds like you can't actually get into the router to configure it. If you already have an internet connection plug the router into the back of the modem with a ethernet cable..blue or yellow..Then make sure your computer can get a connection too..Even if you have to connect through the usb connection on the modem...Now try to access the router. Make sure you have the right IP...If it comes up..do the setup wizard. Then move the plugs where you want..